Popular Posts

Tuesday, September 30, 2014

Day 41: September 30, 2014

With no sociology class today, I used this morning as a chance to sleep in and actually wake up without feeling tired. I had my first taste of lotus flower yogurt, and it's not bad but the other flavor is much better. I did some homework, watched a documentary, and explored the streets of the city in search for lunch. I came upon a little street vendor that was serving rice, so I pointed to the pork and motioned that I did not want it to go. As soon as I sat down, they brought me over some broken rice with a slice of pork and some cucumber. I sat facing the street and observed daily life while enjoying my meal.

After doing some more homework, it was time for service learning at DRD. It went a little slower today than it usually does but was still kind of fun. When we got back to the dormitory, I went on the search of food. Although the corn lady was there I am beginning to think I should not eat that every night for supper. I wasn't feeling rice because I had it for lunch and wasn't really in the mood for banh mi either. So instead of exploring, I headed to the food court in Co-Op. I ate at Jollibee, which is a Philippines based restaurant. For 19,000d I got two chicken strips, a very small amount of fries, and a small pop. I could have gotten more food for the same price had I ate on the street but the meal I had was still okay. It came with ketchup and sweet chili sauce to dip my fries and chicken in which provided an interesting flavor. Fast food here is expensive, so I am better off getting street food for most of my meals.

No comments:

Post a Comment