Popular Posts

Monday, September 15, 2014

Day 26: Back from Nha Trang

Our bus came in this morning at 7:00am, and I slept much better on the return bus then I did on the one to Nha Trang. Here are some highlights from the trip:
  • Going on a 4 island tour and getting to see different islands surrounding the town.
  • Jumping off the top of the boat into South China Sea/East Vietnam Sea (name depends on who you are talking to).
  • Having a Russian family ask me for directions.
  • Eating the BEST banana ice cream I have ever had, as well as having some pretty great kiwi ice cream.
  • Going snorkeling for the first time.
  • Having Indian food for the first time.
The only thing I didn't do that I thought would have been fun was to do a fishing tour where you pay to either go day or night fishing with them. Not only was there not enough time but it was more expensive than the island tour and not nearly as long.

After spending the weekend at a place that is so much more relaxed than HCMC, getting off the bus this morning was a rude awakening at just how busy everything is here. Thankfully we only had to get in a taxi and head to the dormitory.

The sleeper bus we took to and from Nha Trang.

View from the top of our hotel.

View from the boat during our island tour.

One of the beaches we stopped at during the tour.
After doing some homework I decided I was hungry so I opened one of the moon cake I bought last week. I'm thinking the coconut one will be my favorite, so I went ahead and tried the lotus seed one. I split the moon cake in half and there were these two yellow balls in it that look like egg yolks. I thought maybe there were the louts seeds, so I bit into one. Nope, definitely egg yolks. I picked them out and ate the rest of the moon cake, which was pretty good. I decided to look online to see what lotus seed moon cake is supposed to look like, and apparently there are supposed to be two egg yolks inside of it. I'll pass on those.

I was so exhausted that I decided instead of trying to do homework I should take a nap. When I woke up, I had time to pick up my laundry before heading to environmental science class. I also found a letter from my grandparents on my desk, so thanks Grandma and Grandpa!

We headed to environmental science class and thankfully the professors there always bring snacks for us. After class, it was back to the dormitory for some homework. I grabbed a Vietnamese quesadilla (as mentioned in an earlier post) for supper for a shockingly low 5,000d.

I talked to my parents last week and they said that they aren't able to view any of the videos I posted from the Mekong. I decided to try and upload some videos to YouTube every now and then so that whoever is reading this can get a better feel of what I am experiencing. Here's the first video I uploaded, which was taken during the first few weeks here.





No comments:

Post a Comment