Popular Posts

Wednesday, September 10, 2014

Day 21: September 10, 2014

It's been three weeks since this journey started.. ahhh! It seriously feels like I was making comments about how it's already been two weeks just yesterday. Crazy to think that I'm already finished with 25% of this adventure.

This morning started by having my moon cake from last night for breakfast. I opened it up and inside was dragon fruit! Such a good way to start the day. I also decided that today was the day I was going to learn to take the bus because it is only 2000d and an easy way to save a little bit of money everyday. As soon as we got on the bus, however, we got messages from Vien that our class was cancelled. We quickly hopped off the bus and walked back to campus.

I used the cancelled class time to get a little homework done since I probably won't have time to do so this weekend. My next class was at 1:30 at the Loyola Center, so after a quick lunch of pork and rice seven of us grabbed a taxi and headed there. The class was theology, and all classes are discussion based. After class I headed back to the dorm to get some more homework done before our group meeting. I also used some of the time to look up cool things to do in Nha Trang this weekend.

The entire Loyola program at a group meeting at 6pm to see how we are doing and to address any concerns we have at this time. It seems like everything is going great and nobody had anything to really complain about. Better yet, supper was provided and it was Pizza Hut. After the meeting, I talked with Vien and Wilson about some of our upcoming trips and fun, outdoor things to do on some of the free weekends. Vien recommended hitting up Cat Tien National Park, doing a backpacking tour through the jungle in Laos for either 5 days or 2 weeks (that one might have to wait until the semester is over), and also hiking Mt. Fansipan in northern Vietnam. Wilson was also up for that one, so I'm hoping that with the extended stay during our trip to northern Vietnam we will be able to do that. It sounds like for $75-$100 you are able to do a 2-day trek to the top of the mountain, which includes all of your food and sleeping arrangements. So up for it!

Tomorrow is the last day of class before we head to Nha Trang for the weekend. This week just flew by and it's crazy to believe how fast everything is going here. I've been here for three weeks and still haven't really gotten into a routine, but I feel like that's expected because every week is so different. Let's just hope my homework doesn't always fall by the wayside!

No comments:

Post a Comment