Popular Posts

Wednesday, September 17, 2014

Day 28: September 17, 2014

Today's breakfast was half of my coconut moon cake, and I was correct in guessing it would be the better one. While there were also two egg yolks in the middle, I took those out. The inside reminded me of a coconut candy and it was probably one of the sweetest things I have had since being here.

History class was at 10am, so we hopped on the bus to head to Open University. I can't explain how excited I am that we are taking a bus everyday now instead of a taxi. It is just so much cheaper! During history I took 4 pages of notes in an hour and fifteen minutes, and my hand hurt bad enough that I decided not to take notes the rest of class. Kudos to me for being such a good student.

We had an hour break in between classes so I headed to lunch with Dan, Alex, and Cristina. We ate a bar/restaurant, but since I wasn't hungry I didn't order anything. There food did look pretty good, though, so it's definitely a spot to keep in mind. After lunch Dan, Alex, and I hopped in a cab to head to the Vietnam Center for theology. After theology, where we spent a lot of time discussing mediums, it was back to the dormitory. Since we're not sure if there is a bus in that area to take, Cate, Alex, and I took a cab back. I decided that I should get a snack, so I went to the canteen in search of something to eat. I found some caramel/kettle corn popcorn mixture, so I grabbed that for 7,000d.

After a few hours of homework and catching up on America's Got Talent, we had our first Survival Vietnamese class. This is a class that Vien, who is kind of like a program coordinator, decided to put on for us. It took place from 6:30 to 8:00 and our Bach Koa partners were also there. Vien taught us how to order food, how to ask how much something is, and how to give directions in Vietnamese. This is more of a supplement to the Vietnamese we're already taking and is to help us with more immediate stuff. The best part is that there was free food, provided by Loyola. Since we had Pizza Hut last time we got together, they decided to order Domino's. It was a lot better, which is not something I think I would be saying in the states! There is more sauce on Domino's pizza here, which means you don't need to use as much ketchup. Oh yes, the Vietnamese like to put ketchup on their pizza. They just squeeze it on top. We're kind of thinking that they do this because there doesn't seem to be much sauce on the pizza, although we're not sure. Anyway, we're hoping to have Survival Vietnamese every week with food and the Bach Koa partners.

It's hard to believe that tomorrow is already the last day of the week for me before the weekend begins. It seems like we just got back from Nha Trang and we're already starting another weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment