Popular Posts

Tuesday, October 7, 2014

Day 48: October 7, 2014

I honestly did not do a whole not today. Since there was no class, I woke up at 9am and had breakfast, which was passion fruit and peach yogurt. I spent the day doing some homework, which included making a video for Vietnamese class of me interviewing a professor. However, I am not going to be posting that video because I don't really see the need to share my horrible interview with the entire world. I also spent some time working on my research project, which was basically me reading other studies and articles about the water situation in Ho Chi Minh City.

Besides doing homework, I also took a nap and wasted a lot of time on the internet. I also packed for our trip to Cambodia, which we leave for bright and early tomorrow morning at 6am. So excited! We will return Sunday evening, so this will be longest journey we take yet. Lastly, I received two letters today, so thanks to the Brockmeyers and Grandma and Grandpa for those!

Since it was Tuesday, we had service learning at 6:15. I grabbed a banh mi before we left because I realized that I hadn't eaten anything since breakfast. I went to the coffee shop and wanted an egg banh mi but had to get chicken since they were out. When the barista handed the sandwich to me, she asks "Have you ever tried rice?" I think this lady thinks that I am not very adventurous in my food choices, even though I've only ordered a sandwich about three times!

At DRD we played a game with the students. The news was there, and I swear they are following us around and documenting our whole semester. It seems that everywhere we go they go! After DRD, I came back to the dormitory. I grabbed some corn from my favorite corn lady and also tried this new dessert called keo chi. I've seen the guy around for awhile and decided today would be a good day to try it. It's a round, white piece of something that looks and feels like Styrofoam but thankfully does not taste like it. It's topped with coconut, sweetened condensed milk, peanuts, and pink thing that he stretches out before dipping in what I assume is kind of like powdered sugar. He folds the shell in half and ta-da!, your keo chi is ready to eat. It's pretty good, but I don't think that it's something the Vietnamese get too often because it is pretty sweet.

With our excursion to Cambodia starting tomorrow, I will not be blogging again until Sunday or Monday. Stay tuned for some highlights about our trip and what we did!

1 comment: