Popular Posts

Thursday, December 4, 2014

Day 106: December 4, 2014

This morning Cate and I grabbed breakfast outside of the dorm (I had fried rice since the banh mi place was out of eggs) before buying an orchid from this flower place near the dorm. We then took a taxi to the Vietnam Center, where we dropped off the flower as a present from all of the students this semester. The entire staff seemed to love it and were very excited; Hoang took a picture of Cate and I with Julio and Chris and the gift. We stayed to chat with Chris for awhile before also returning our textbooks, in which I got quite a bit of money back.

We made it back to the dorm for lunch, and we both ate with Binh, Cong, and some of their friends. The popular item for the day was a whole grilled fish with rice, but I just had a fried egg with rice. After lunch, Cate left to go do some homework and I spent a little more time with everyone before also having to go back and do my homework. The good news is that I am now basically done with all of my tests. Woohoo!

We had a farewell party with all of the partner students at Chris' house, and thankfully it was not a tearjerker. We had good food, made by the partners, and a fun time just sitting and chatting with them. Chris basically told me that if I ever come back to let him know and he would either hire me or help me find a job. After a few hours, I said what could possibly be some goodbyes (who knows if I'll see them again or not) before Wendy gave me a ride back to the dorm.

Once I came back to the dorm, I met up with Binh and he and his friends came to the lounge on our floor. They played guitar and practiced singing for awhile before they decided they had to go back to their rooms and called it a night.

No comments:

Post a Comment