Popular Posts

Monday, December 1, 2014

Day 103: Last Day of Class

I can't believe that this is it. The final week. Even writing those words is bringing tears to my eyes. It's a week full of lasts and goodbyes, a week full of sadness and way too many emotions. Are you sure there isn't anyway I can stay here?

This morning I had my (now typical) banh mi op la, but this time I got it in front of Open University instead of in front of the dorm. We had our Vietnamese final, which was super easy and I can't believe I was even worried about it. It consisted of both a writing and speaking portion, and let's just say I'm pretty sure I passed both parts with flying colors.

I came back to the dorm and met with Binh for lunch. Apparently it was my turn to decide where we should eat, so I told him about the café next to DRD. It's a nice place with a good atmosphere, although the food is a little more expensive (and by expensive I mean that it's 60,000d for a meal instead of 20,000d). He had no idea where it was, so I had to come up with the directions to get us there. Surprisingly, though, we made it without any real issues. Okay that's a lie--there were two times when I didn't realize I should have told him to turn until after we passed the street. It's also very hot today, so on the way there he kept joking that we were going to become barbeque under the sun.

We went into the café and Binh told me order for him, as well as order it in Vietnamese. My pronunciation was absolutely horrid, but he just smiled and said he was able to understand what I ordered. The waiter brought us our meals, which were macaroni with diced beef and diced beef with French fries. We ate our meals and sat there for awhile talking before coming back to the dorm.

We got back and had some ice cream from the Jollibee in Co-Op before going inside the dorm. Binh is in charge of writing a drama and had to meet with someone to talk about the budget, but the person wasn't around so we headed back outside and got some banh flan with coffee poured over top. Delicious as usual. We then went back to the dorm so Binh could meet with this person, and afterwards he decided that we should buy fruit and tea to celebrate--she ended up giving him 60,000 more dong than what she had originally said. We sat on the back steps of the dormitory and ate the fruit before we both had to leave.

Environmental science class was next on the list, so I got on the bus and headed there. We each had to give a presentation in class but we were done early and back at the dorm by the time class was supposed to end. I grabbed some corn, talked to Cate for awhile, and put away my laundry. I am officially done with classes and have the rest of the week completely free. Just kidding, I should probably write these papers. And then I have to start thinking about packing and leaving...

No comments:

Post a Comment