Popular Posts

Tuesday, November 25, 2014

Day 97: November 25, 2014

This morning before class Cate and I met up because she needed help filming a video but also so we could study before our sociology quiz. We headed to class and took the quiz, which was not as bad as the first one we had. We then had a lecture on food of Vietnam, complete with our professor bringing us all kinds of goodies to try. After class I came back to the dormitory and took a nap. When I woke up, I began doing some of my final projects for classes. Cate and I went to get supper, and we headed to the bot chien place, where we each had bot chien trung with 2 eggs. I bought her supper, and in return she had to come to Circle K with me because I had to buy more minutes for my phone. The rest of the night was pretty relaxing, and Cate and I spent a lot of time talking as well as spent some time talking with Sophie.

Such a short blog post because today was such a lazy day, so enjoy some pictures from the trip to Ta Kou.

The biggest Buddha statue I have ever seen!

This was actually the view from the top of Ta Kou Mountain.

Overlooking the countryside from our guesthouse.

The three Buddhist statues where I participated in the Buddhist ceremony.

A runway from the American base that was on the mountain.

Just hanging out with a gigantic millipede.

The sunset from our guesthouse.

We were at first confused as to what the perfect squares of light were, but we quickly found out that those are the dragon fruit farms! They remain lit at night to stimulate flowering.

Vien and the crab she caught during our night hike in Ta Kou.

The Ta Kou gecko, discovered by our professor's team of scientists. It exists only in the Ta Kou Nature Preserve.

I spot a frog!

A huge frog that didn't seem bothered by our presence.
Dragon fruit!



No comments:

Post a Comment