Popular Posts

Wednesday, November 5, 2014

Day 77: November 5, 2014

I woke up at 3:15 this morning to register for classes for next semester, only to have to rethink my schedule because two of the classes had already filled up. I'm surprised I was able to do so half-asleep, but I managed to get some good classes and go back to bed. I woke back up at 7am and tried to go to sleep, but decided that I might as well get up and start the day. At 9:15 I left for class, and I had the chance to catch up with Cate after her adventures in Thailand for the past five days. We both had plenty of stories to tell about our weekends, and after hearing about Thailand I am even more glad that I decided to spend the weekend with Thao.

After history class, where we learned about the Vietnam War, Alex, Dan, Cate, Sophie, and I ate in the canteen. I ordered nui xao trung, and for dessert Alex and I went to Swensen's Ice Cream (an American ice cream brand) to get a very small cone for 9,000d. While it was good, we both decided that we would rather have a lot of bad ice cream then a little bit of good ice cream.

Theology class was held at a Cao Dai temple today, so we all took a taxi there together. We took a taxi back to the dorm afterwards, and I spent a few hours getting ready for our upcoming trip--we leave tomorrow for an 11-day excursion to Central and Northern Vietnam (no worries, I'll be writing posts the entire time I'm there).

We had supper at 5KU with the OU partners, and afterwards we went bowling. The lanes were very outdated compared to what we're used to in the United States. Most of the partners had never been bowling before, so even though I don't really enjoy the game it was fun to watch them bowl for the first time.

Thao gave me a ride back to the dormitory, and I met up with Binh, who gave me some things he wants me to give his friend in Hanoi. He then invited me to play/watch some soccer games, so I spent the rest of the night watching soccer matches in the courtyard. Once they were over, we played a rather large game of Monkey in the Middle before the 11pm curfew kicked in and we were sent back to our rooms.

And, as promised, here is the video of Binh and I each eating live worms. Don't let Binh's hesitation fool you--he's done this before, plus I made him eat the larger worm.


No comments:

Post a Comment